BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DevaCh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Could any one help me with "How to install hotfix J8F008 and its dependent hotfixes in SAS 9.4 M7 environment ???

Deva.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

From the Hotfix information (Ref: https://tshf.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/J8F.html#J8F008), you need to install it together with these two Base SAS-related hotfixes but should be simple and can be installed together.

NOTE: If you install this hotfix, you must also install hotfixes I9R133 and I9R026 for Base SAS 9.4_M7.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

From the Hotfix information (Ref: https://tshf.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/J8F.html#J8F008), you need to install it together with these two Base SAS-related hotfixes but should be simple and can be installed together.

NOTE: If you install this hotfix, you must also install hotfixes I9R133 and I9R026 for Base SAS 9.4_M7.

ronf_sas
SAS Employee

@eddieleung305 - Thanks for pointing that out!  I overlooked the note above the linked html files.  

(I deleted my previous reply to not cause confusion)

DevaCh
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank for your reply.. Eddie.

Also When i check I9R133 the hot fix.

NOTE: If you install this I9R133 hot fix, you must also install hot fix I9R026 for Base SAS 9.4_M7.

So order should be First I9R133 & I9R026 then J8F008 need to be installed am i right, Please confirm ?

eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am not SAS TS or PS so I cannot officially confirm anything XD.

However, according to my experience, most probably all base SAS-related, kernel and SAS Foundation-related hotfixes can be installed by the Deployment Manager at the same time. You just need to put every hotfix file in the same directory before running Deployment Manager.

Do you have any experience installing hotfix before? Please be reminded that every hotfix may have its own post-configuration step especially when applying middle tier hotfix. 

Cheer!

DevaCh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Eddie,

Than you for your comments. I had experience in installing hotfixes.

Could you please clarify me about post-configuration steps especially when applying middle tier hotfix, This one i am not sure ? 

Deva. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If the order you install a series of hot fixes is important, then it would be stated in the fix instructions. There doesn't appear to be an order specified in this case so the fixes can be applied in any order. In any case, a fix install would fail, if you didn't follow the required order, if there was one.

DevaCh
Fluorite | Level 6

Got it thank Kiwi. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation