BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AKHIL_2025
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, 

Can any one please guide me to install sas egrc setup in my laptop. I want a local linstallaion without connecting to any other servers. If anyone knows the procedure   please guide me for the same

Thanks 

Akhil 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

As these gentlemen said. 🙂

eGRC is purely meant to run on a server, not in workstations/laptops. And the answer is, indeed, the system requirements.

It seems to me as a great way to kill your laptop unless you have huge resources, such as +24 GB RAM. Your IT guys would not be specially happy either, I suppose. Also, it is not an easy deployment, especially if you have not installed SAS solutions before: metadata, all compute specifications, connections to databases, different web applications and post configurations...

Technically, it is possible, especially if you won't deploy the Visual Analytics Administration and Reporting part, only pure EGRC. I did it, it works. But also please consider I deploy SAS almost more than I breathe. It is my profession 😉

Problem is, of course, one of the requirements is to have as well an extra database (Oracle, MS SQL, etc).

Are you willing/skilled enough to maintain all of that by yourself?

Also, you might find a challenge: you will need an special SAS license, that will allow you to install on Workstation mode, not Server. Not sure if your SAS license will cover that, it needs to include all the components in a license file that ends in _Wrkstn, not just WX6 (windows server).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here is a link to the system requirements for SAS EGRC:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikormonitorndmsr/68011/HTML/default/index.html

Meeting all of the requirements to do a standalone install on a single laptop looks severely challenging...I doubt it is possible or even worth attempting.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

As these gentlemen said. 🙂

eGRC is purely meant to run on a server, not in workstations/laptops. And the answer is, indeed, the system requirements.

It seems to me as a great way to kill your laptop unless you have huge resources, such as +24 GB RAM. Your IT guys would not be specially happy either, I suppose. Also, it is not an easy deployment, especially if you have not installed SAS solutions before: metadata, all compute specifications, connections to databases, different web applications and post configurations...

Technically, it is possible, especially if you won't deploy the Visual Analytics Administration and Reporting part, only pure EGRC. I did it, it works. But also please consider I deploy SAS almost more than I breathe. It is my profession 😉

Problem is, of course, one of the requirements is to have as well an extra database (Oracle, MS SQL, etc).

Are you willing/skilled enough to maintain all of that by yourself?

Also, you might find a challenge: you will need an special SAS license, that will allow you to install on Workstation mode, not Server. Not sure if your SAS license will cover that, it needs to include all the components in a license file that ends in _Wrkstn, not just WX6 (windows server).

AKHIL_2025
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. As per your instruction i installed oracle as my database . I installed the egrc with the  windows installation licence other than the windows server licence. My system is only 8 gb ram.so it is little bit slow,but it is not a big issue.Thanks for your help.

Akhil

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation