BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi all ,

We have been facing the following connection errors for more than a month now.

Every day the errors pop up regularly during working hours hampering the execution of SAS jobs and some job are also failing due to this.

pic.pngerror.png

How to fix this kind of issues? please guide .many thanks in advances .

3 REPLIES 3
shayes_ccllc
Fluorite | Level 6

Please provide some additional details about your environment:

• What OS is the Metadata Server running
  • Are there any firewalls between this client and the server(s)?
  • How long has this issue been occurring?
  • Is this a new issue or has this issue happened ever since the environment was created?

The first thing I'd check is a network or host-based firewall. If there is a firewall, there is a keepalive parameter you can set.

-Spencer

MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for your reply and we have tried to set the  a keepalive parameter but our version is 9.3 and u have mentioned for 9.4,

Please let me know how to set keeplive parameter for 9.3 . Many Many  thanks in advance.

below are the some additional details about ourenvironment:

• What OS is the Metadata Server running :- Linux
  • Are there any firewalls between this client and the server(s)? :- Yes .
  • How long has this issue been occurring?:- it has been occurring from last 1 month but we havent changed any parameter on server.
  • Is this a new issue or has this issue happened ever since the environment was created? :- This is new issue and environment is working fine from last 3/4 years.

shayes_ccllc
Fluorite | Level 6

@MG18: I don't see that the KEEPALIVE param was available in SAS 9.3. Perhaps another contributor can comment or you can also open a track with SAS Tech Support.

My suspicion remains the firewall. In my experience, the network security teams will make updates to firewall parameters from time to time without informing the user communities. I suggest you ask your firewall team if they have modified the idle timeout or any other settings that would apply to your communications. Often times these are global settings for the entire firewall policy and not specific to your set of rules.

Hope that helps!

-Spencer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation