BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sandhya55
Obsidian | Level 7

How to enable logs for each of apps like SAS EG, Visual studio in SAS Management console .

Need the user login time and end time for each session from these logs.

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
  • SAS Environment Manager can give you that information IIRC
  • You can parse the Object Spawner logs to get information for the workspace server processes
  • If you need more details, you have to work with the logconfig.xml file of the workspace server configuration

In my place, we do the latter, so we have a full documentation for every act any user every did through the workspace server. I can even watch live by using tail -f (we also have write=immediate on) if I need that for assisting a user.

Sandhya55
Obsidian | Level 7

What changes to be made to  logconfig.xml  so that every action of users like login and close of session can be captured.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you just want start and end of sessions, read the Object Spawner logs. logconfig.xml is needed if you want to have the logs usually sent to the client (what you see in the Log tab of EG) also sent to a file on the server.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

PS the Metadata server logs will not show you when a workspace server session is started or ended. You get entries for every access to metadata, like when EG starts and the connection profile is set active, but you do not see when EG is terminated (as no metadata information is needed for that).

Sandhya55
Obsidian | Level 7
Can you please help me how to get the logs from OBject Spawner ..I could see log tab in Object spwaner ,,but it has below info
Current message level: Off
Current threshold level: Error
Either there's no log available, you may need to enable logging at a higher message/threshold level or the server appender is not defined in the log configuration file.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation