BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

We are on SAS version 9.4 M5 and currently don't have the XCMD enabled. We are on Linux server. 

Option Value Information For SAS Option XCMD
Value: NOXCMD
Scope: SAS Session
How option value set: SAS Session Startup Command Line

Could you provide the steps to enable it?

I did see this in link - http://support.sas.com/kb/15/179.html , I was able to locate "Allow XCMD" option under the SAS - Logical stored Process server. Is this all that is needed to be done?

Thanks

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@RupaJ ,

To enable the XCMD option:

1. From SAS Management Console, expand the Server Manager node on the Plug-ins tab.
  2. Expand SASApp -> SASApp - Logical Workspace Server.
  3. Right-click SASApp - Workspace Server and select Properties.
  4. Select Options -> Advanced Options -> Launch Properties, and then select the Allow XCMD check box.
  5. Click OK.
  6. (Optional) Repeat steps 2–5 for each SAS Application Server that has a server type of Workspace Server.
  7. Stop and restart your SAS Object Spawner.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@RupaJ ,

To enable the XCMD option:

1. From SAS Management Console, expand the Server Manager node on the Plug-ins tab.
  2. Expand SASApp -> SASApp - Logical Workspace Server.
  3. Right-click SASApp - Workspace Server and select Properties.
  4. Select Options -> Advanced Options -> Launch Properties, and then select the Allow XCMD check box.
  5. Click OK.
  6. (Optional) Repeat steps 2–5 for each SAS Application Server that has a server type of Workspace Server.
  7. Stop and restart your SAS Object Spawner.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RupaJ ,

just an addition to @alexal kind indications.

He provided the instructions as documented for the Workspace server. If you intend to do the same for Stored Process server,  instructions are basically the same, but when he mentions "Workspace" you must read of course "Stored Process".

For the Batch server, the instructions are different (when you schedule jobs):

https://platformadmin.com/blogs/paul/tag/sas-usage-notes/

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @alexal  and @JuanS_OCS . Yes, I understood!! 🙂

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Glad you understood @RupaJ  🙂

If it did help, would you mind to mark the right post as solution to your answer, to let it help others? Or, if it is not resolved, please let us know how else we can help.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Sorry @JuanS_OCS . Just seeing your post. I just did and will remember to do so going forward. This SAS forum is hands down the best forum that I have been part of!! 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation