BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
akaashuu
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone,

I am new to SAS Administration and I am learning as I go.

I have installed 9.4 office analytics one server install type. Metadata and Workspace on one VM.

I also planning to Promote some metadata from 9.3 as well.

for now my question is :

how to find the default locaiton of the workspace server where it is pysically using the space when users run thier queries thru SAS EG etc.,?

second how can I change the locaiton to a different dedicated drive on the server?

thoughts?

Appreaciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

This file you can find it under SAS/Config/LevX and then under SASApp or SASApp/WorkspaceServer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
akaashuu
Obsidian | Level 7

to add to my question,

I would like to change the defualt location SASWORKLOCATION to another driver rather than temp space on the install locaiton.

akaashuu
Obsidian | Level 7

I found it configuring this file sasv9.cfg work location did the trick.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In that case please mark your question as answered to save us time looking at posts that are not flagged as answered. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@akaashuu wrote:

I found it configuring this file sasv9.cfg work location did the trick.

DO NOT edit the sasv9.cfg files. Those can be overwritten by hotfixes / reinstalls.

Instead add your -work configuration directive to the sasv9_usermods.cfg file. This file will not be overwritten, and since it is included as last, its directives take precedence.

akaashuu
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you KurtBremser,

I modified sasv9 file in this SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en

that defintely makes sense and thankyou for pointing that out.

can you be please point out the locaiton for the file sasv9_usermods.cfg. I did a search on the server it came back with quite a few.

thank you again.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

This file you can find it under SAS/Config/LevX and then under SASApp or SASApp/WorkspaceServer

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@akaashuu, I subscribe to the recommendations provided by @SASKiwi and @Kurt_Bremser.

For other people looking at this kind of question, just a quick addition. If you have troubles tracing the settings of an specific SAS session, you can always write in your code:

%put _ALL_;

This line will write all your system and global variables in your log, such as the location of the SASWORK, SASTEMP and SASUSER libraries, the username, locale, etc. Always helpful.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation