BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

during configuration SAS, I check port 80 (for SAS web server HTTP port) and I found it busy so, I change it into 87. after complete SAS configuration I was surprised that port 87 restricted ports in browsers( google chrome and firefox ) and it need to manually setting to make those browsers allows to HTTP with port 87 work. So, I needed to make browsers setting on all PC's that used SAS (it is headache).  So how I can change the HTTP port from 87 to 83.

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi, it is documented here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/68217/HTML/default/n0nakjyj6hlqmvn11p9p04l25j9n.h...

Just skip the parts of HTTPS and secured.

Wouldn't you prefer to re-deploy?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you haven't already done so it is best practice to compile a complete list of SAS-used ports and what number they will be allocated as part of your SAS installation design. You can then consult with your IT network guys to ensure that there will be no clashes.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This points to a deeper problem. You already have a HTTP server running that listens on port 80.

Make a decision:

a) integrate SAS with the existing HTTP server

b) remove the existing server and integrate the data into the HTTP server installed by SAS

I personally think that it is a bad idea to have two different HTTP servers (not two instances of the same server SW) running on one system

I also think that it was a bad idea of the SAS people to use some obscure proprietary fork of apache instead of using the real thing.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation