BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
devlekhu_98
Fluorite | Level 6

On my Mid-tier VM-Server (Windows 2008 R2) services, I see only SAS Environment Manager (Can't see any agent here). I've tried to search windows-start-Sas-utilities folder &  SAS support website, couldn't find the exact location and how to start. Is there any suggestion about how do I start (May be baby step for you!)? Do I need to install any EM-Agent to see the dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

You can access the Environment Manager by using http://hostname:7080/ where hostname is the name where the SAS Environment Manager Server runs. By default you should use the sasadm@saspw to first login.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

52668 - A SAS® Environment Manager agent either fails to start or it starts and does not send data   check the sas support site there are a lot of similar like this one

---->-- ja karman --<-----
devlekhu_98
Fluorite | Level 6

It's already started as a windows services but I want to see dashboard like this.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

To start the Environment Manager logging as in your screen shot you need to start the Environment Manager agents on each server you want to monitor, metadata, mid-tier, and app servers plus separately on each level (Lev1, lev2 etc.).

These agents MUST be started as described in Jaaps link and NOT by just starting the Windows service - if you start it just as a Windows service then it can cause major performance problems on your mid-tier server as I've described in your other discussion. 

BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

You can access the Environment Manager by using http://hostname:7080/ where hostname is the name where the SAS Environment Manager Server runs. By default you should use the sasadm@saspw to first login.

davidbass
SAS Employee

Bruno's reply is indeed the way to start SAS Environment Manager.

To get to the view you posted, once you log on, select Resources, then use the Resources table to select the particular resource (platform, server, service) that you're interested in. The view you'll see is the one you posted. All this is assuming that the SAS Environment Manager agent is running and the resources have been configured.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation