BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

The cleanmgr utility is able to clean up orphaned files on the local SAS servers, but we have a shared config location on a storage array where our SASwork/GRIDwork directoies are located.  We accumulate orphaned files there when client sessions don't close gracefully.  Is there a utility to clean the GRIDwork location, or do we need to do it manually?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You mentioned that your concern is that the cleanwork is a utility not for Windows, but it is.

Could you check, on the same article...?

Starting with SAS 9.4M2, there is a new stand-alone utility – cleanwork.exe – that you can use with any version of SAS, starting with SAS 6.

We have placed this utility along with its documentation on the SAS FTP download page:

With this, you can select the location of your work folders to clean them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

I am wondering, is the cleanwork utility, under SASFoundation, not working for you? 

dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

I think the cleanwork utility is only an option for UNIX and ZOS.  All our servers are Windows.  At least that what it seems like when I do a search for cleanwork on the SAS Support site.

dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

Using this article, http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/05/14/finding-and-deleting-orphaned-sas-work-and-sas-utility-d... I was able to get the SAS Disk Cleanup Handler Utility to work, but only on the local SAS temp folders and files, not on the GRIDwork folder located on our storage array.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You mentioned that your concern is that the cleanwork is a utility not for Windows, but it is.

Could you check, on the same article...?

Starting with SAS 9.4M2, there is a new stand-alone utility – cleanwork.exe – that you can use with any version of SAS, starting with SAS 6.

We have placed this utility along with its documentation on the SAS FTP download page:

With this, you can select the location of your work folders to clean them.

dgower
Obsidian | Level 7

Juans, I got it to work.  Thank you.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Glad to read!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation