BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mrityunjaya
Obsidian | Level 7

Firstly I want to tell you that this is not a question. I am writing the solution for this query.

When I run the below code in SAS Enterprise Guide, then the log show "ENCODING=WLATIN1". See: Below Image

proc options option=encoding;
  run;

Encoding1.PNG

Now, to change the Encoding from WLATIN1 to UTF-8, We have to change in the configuration file.

See: Below Image (Expected Result)

Encoding2.PNG

To get this result follow the steps:

1. Go to the link:  C:\Program Files\SASHome_foundation\SASFoundation\9.4\nls

There should be a configuration file sasv9.cfg in both "en" and "u8" folders.

2. There is a file sasv9.cfg on the location: C:\Program Files\SASHome_foundation\SASFoundation\9.4

Open it in notepad. Here you will find the config;

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome_foundation\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cfg"

3. Make a small change in it. Just replace "en" with "u8" and Save.

-config "C:\Program Files\SASHome_foundation\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\u8\sasv9.cfg"

4. Open a new session of SAS Enterprise Guide and run the below code again.

proc options option=encoding;
    run;

5. Now the Encoding of your system will change from WLATIN1 to UTF - 8.

8 REPLIES 8
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @mrityunjaya,

Thanks for posting! I think this would be great information to put into an article on the Community. If you've not contributed to the library before, I'd be happy to assist in getting you started. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

mrityunjaya
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee 

Thanks for your reply. But the Article Option is not enable yet on my profile.

I have written a mail to sas community to enable it.

I will definitely write the Article on it and add some new points also.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @mrityunjaya,

I'm on the team with @joeFurbee. I have given you article writing permission now, so feel free to go ahead and enter your article. One of us can delete your post when you get the article ready.

Thanks for your contributions.

Best,

Shelley  

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Amir
PROC Star

Hi @ShelleySessoms / @joeFurbee 

If this post is removed in time, please be aware that @mrityunjaya did link to this post in:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/New-SAS-User/SAS-ACCESS-to-connect-to-postgresql-problem/m-p/597262#M...

So perhaps a link to the new article (or a redirect) could be placed in the above link at the appropriate time. Not sure if there are any other links to this post.

Thanks & regards,

Amir.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thank you, @Amir. I have changed the link in that post to point to his article, not post. I appreciate you letting us know about it.

Best,

Shelley 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
mrityunjaya
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @ShelleySessoms 

Thanks for your support to give me permission to write an Article.

I have published the article. The link is

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Change-Encoding-from-WLATIN1-to-UTF-8-using-S...

Dashuai
Calcite | Level 5
Wow in my computer, i can not find the fold SASHome_foundation.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If your Enterprise Guide connects to a server, you won't have the SASFoundation directory on your PC. Your SAS administrator can provide you with a server running with the wanted encoding.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation