BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Angold5
Fluorite | Level 6
How do I install the Oracle client on Sas Viya 4 ? I need to acces an Oracle RDS database in AWS.
I have deployed using the GitHub files for AWS iac.

I found some older docs on how to edit the overlay files and use Kustomize, but they don’t work.

Is there a step by step guide to download the drivers and add them to the right pods.
4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here is the only reference to Oracle I can find in the install docs.

As mentioned you will need the Oracle client software installed in your Viya 4 environment.

This Communities post explains in more detail how to configure Viya 4 data connectors.

Angold5
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks. I had been following those guides.

I was hoping for a better step by step guide that’s easy to follow. For example . I’ve deployed using their GitHub repos for iac-aws and deployment.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It would be worth opening a Tech Support Track to work through the steps you are unsure about. Viya 4 is still pretty new and there aren't a lot of Community users with the firsthand experience to help. Also Viya 4 seems to be using more of a cloud-based SaaS delivery model which doesn't help those who prefer a more DIY approach 😉

Feel free to post additional details back in this post. I'm interested as Viya 4 is on our radar along with many others.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Generally speaking, you need the client to be on a file system we can mount into any pods that need it. Often this is done using the NFS server deployed by the IAC. You create a path for the Oracle client within the NFS share, extract the oracle client there, and then use the sample data-access YAML files to mount the NFS to the pods as needed. Then you define the environment variables with the sas-access.properties file to point to the mounted path. The README.md file in $deploy/sas-bases/examples/data-access has more detail on this, or $deploy/sas-bases/docs/configuring_sasaccess_and_data_connectors_for_sas_viya_4.htm if you'd like to view it with a browser.

Here's a link to the HTML doc from the latest stable release:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/viya/SASViyaReadMe.htm#configuring_sasaccess_and...

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation