BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

Currently, I have jobs setup and scheduled that will load my Oracle data into Hadoop and then into LASR.  Now, I need to set it up so that my LASR table reload automatically (from Hadoop) when my LASR servers are restarted.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

By the way, I am new to SAS, so detailed replies are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Thanks,

Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You are welcome @rgreen33,

let me answeryour questions:

There are GUI options (on the library properties in the SAS Management COnsole) for this for the autoload folders, although I believe none for HDFS. Anyway for what you want to achieve, and to get the latest state of your LASR data, I would script it, yes. 

To know when LASR was restarted, you have several ways to know it: your logs, on the VA  Administrator view, with the SAS Environment Manager...  there are even more creative ways, but the main message is that there are many ways to know, fortunately 🙂

As I guess you want to automate as much as possible, I understand you also automated the start-up of the LASR servers with a script, or you want to do it. Therefore the best place to callt his script is to be triggered just after you check that HDFS and LASR are up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

I guess your data remains on Hadoop, therefore you could use the same scripts to load the data from HDFS to LASR, a few minutes after the restart, to ensure LASR is up and running. Of course, any intermediate script (to check if LASR is up, etc) could help.

Another possible idea, is to save/unload your data from LASR into Hadoop, before stoping them, if you expect the data could have changed, or there might be new tables/queries.

Did you already read this paper? https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS033-2014.pdf

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

JuanS_OCS,

Thank you for your reply.  So, it sounds as if this all has to be done via code...no way to do it via the GUI.  So, based on your suggestion above, how do I know when my LASR server has restarted?  Would this be a script that is added to my "start-up" steps, which would manually be kicked off when LASR servers are loaded?  Or, is there a way to automatically trap for this even and fire this script off on re-start?

Thanks,

Ricky

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You are welcome @rgreen33,

let me answeryour questions:

There are GUI options (on the library properties in the SAS Management COnsole) for this for the autoload folders, although I believe none for HDFS. Anyway for what you want to achieve, and to get the latest state of your LASR data, I would script it, yes. 

To know when LASR was restarted, you have several ways to know it: your logs, on the VA  Administrator view, with the SAS Environment Manager...  there are even more creative ways, but the main message is that there are many ways to know, fortunately 🙂

As I guess you want to automate as much as possible, I understand you also automated the start-up of the LASR servers with a script, or you want to do it. Therefore the best place to callt his script is to be triggered just after you check that HDFS and LASR are up.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation