BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DJWanna
Obsidian | Level 7

Has anyone run into an issue where the incorrect license file was applied to the midtier. The two suggestions to update license information is using the deployment wizard and the setup.sh script. When I try to use the deployment wizard it tells me that the license is current and does not need to be updated. There is no setup.sh file in the SASHome. Are there any other suggestions?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoranV
Fluorite | Level 6

May I ask if the new access component has been installed on the server/compute machine where the code will run to take advantage of the access module? Just updating the license will not provide access to the new module unless it existed there previously.

If it was installed the new license that includes this access module would have been used to apply it to your system unless the new component was not listed in the license file.

From what I remember you should not be required to update the license in the metadata for an SAS/Access Module, rather you need to update the license file for SAS Foundation. I take it you completed this step and also installed the component?

"In the SAS Deployment Manager, the Select License Renewal dialog opens. Select the option to Apply SAS Foundation license file for renewal. If the SAS LASR Analytic Server (associated with SAS Visual Analytics) is installed, the option to Apply SAS LASR Analytic Server license file for renewal is also selected automatically. Click Next "

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GoranV
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi DJWanna

Included with the software license renewal email you have a instruction how to proceed with updating the license for the foundation component and in metadata (Middle-Tier products and solutions that require license update).

If this is SAS 9.4 you can use SAS deployment Manager to update the license file for SAS foundation on each server where it is installed followed by starting the metadata server and run the SAS deployment Manager agian and selecting the option "Update SID File in Metadata" and browse to the location for your sid file. (setup.sh is not related to this and is found in the software order depot rather then the sashome folder)

If your license file does not match the one already applied to the environment you should get a warning that its the incorrect license file. When you ask about the incorrect license file being applied, what do you mean with that?

sai09
Fluorite | Level 6

License update is not required on Middle Tier server if you don't have compute servers on the midtier node . if you have compute server installed on you middle tier ,verify license information by  connecting to App server context on middle tier by running the following command 

proc setinit noalias ; run ; 

if the license needs to be updated the other option is to  run the code in  SID file(proc setinit release) ,make sure services are down while you update the license information and Site number matches .

sample 

PROC SETINIT RELEASE='9.X';
SAVE; RUN;

Thanks,

Sai 

sasefj
SAS Employee

Please see  Update SID File or Files in Metadata for Applicable SAS Solutions in Software License Renewal Instructions - SAS® 9.4 for Microsoft Windows and Windows for x64 Planned Deployment (http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikwinplannedri/66607/PDF/default/setinit_plann...) or Software License Renewal Instructions - SAS® 9.4 for UNIX Environments Planned Deployment (http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikunixplannedri/66610/PDF/default/setinit_plan...)

f your SAS 9.4 deployment includes specific SAS Solution software that depends on a SAS Middle Tier, additional steps are required to update the SID file or multiple SID filesin metadata. This procedure involves using the SAS Deployment Manager and the specific SID file or files that contain the SAS Solution software to update your SAS metadata repository.Here is a subset of the SAS Solutions that require this procedure:

SAS Activity-Based Management
SAS Enterprise Miner™(server only, version 7.1 and higher)
SAS Enterprise BI Server
SAS Financial Crimes Monitor
SAS Financial Management
SAS Forecast Server
SAS Social Network Analysis Server
SAS Visual Analytics

For a complete list, refer to http://support.sas.com/kb/49/750.html

DJWanna
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you, all, for the suggestion. I finally was able to get the Deployment Manager to update metadata however when I open SAS Studio and issue a proc setinit;run; the products are the same as before, missing the Access products. Here is the error I am receiving. Should I open a Track with SAS?

ERROR: The product with which the engine SQLSVR is associated is either not licensed for your system or the product license has
        expired. Please contact your SAS installation representative.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

sai09
Fluorite | Level 6

seems like license of SAS/ACCESS  for the Microsoft SQL Server interface  has not been updated ,verify SID file contains 

PRODNUMxxx=  SAS/ACCESS SQL;  statement ,if it is not mentioned you might need to reach out to SAS Account representative to get the updated SID files

GoranV
Fluorite | Level 6

May I ask if the new access component has been installed on the server/compute machine where the code will run to take advantage of the access module? Just updating the license will not provide access to the new module unless it existed there previously.

If it was installed the new license that includes this access module would have been used to apply it to your system unless the new component was not listed in the license file.

From what I remember you should not be required to update the license in the metadata for an SAS/Access Module, rather you need to update the license file for SAS Foundation. I take it you completed this step and also installed the component?

"In the SAS Deployment Manager, the Select License Renewal dialog opens. Select the option to Apply SAS Foundation license file for renewal. If the SAS LASR Analytic Server (associated with SAS Visual Analytics) is installed, the option to Apply SAS LASR Analytic Server license file for renewal is also selected automatically. Click Next "

DJWanna
Obsidian | Level 7

That is it ... the AccessClient folder is not in the install directory. Thank you for the information! I believe a reinstall is in order here.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation