BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MGC
Calcite | Level 5 MGC
Calcite | Level 5

When I tried to FTP the SAS statements to the mainframe, all sorts of invisible characters popped up in the CODE  .  Evidently each PC keystroke I originally entered while writing my SAS code on the PC ( including line break or tab or capital /lower case

characters) are transferred to the mainframe in the FTP process. 

for BASE SAS procedures - basic data steps and Proc tabulates the syntax is the same - so i thought i could place a "copy" of my code on the mainframe and simply add the necessary JCL and libname/library reference statments so it can find the data and generate my output. 

this question is NOT about moving SAS datasets between operating systems .  I am asking for the steps to follow to move my SAS programming statements from my PC where I have been running PC SAS to the MVS mainframe platform , 

1 REPLY 1
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Something else must be happening.

Make sure you have saved your code as a text file.

Make sure you have told FTP to copy the file as text rather than binary.

There are some characters that do not map between ASCII and EBCIDIC , but not that many.

Watch out for characters like: ^|[]{}~

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation