BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AliZiya
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All, 

I have used that code which ss below on the linux. And I gave the 0700 permission the all home directorries user folders. But I'd like to make changes one of my home directory user to give it 0777.  How can I do that? When I had used chmod 777 command, its only valid current session, because when I reopen the session ssh the permission turned back to 0700. 

AliZiya_0-1721653718852.png

Home Directory user Folders. 

AliZiya_0-1721653991024.png

Best 

3 REPLIES 3
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @AliZiya 
What is your environment? Is it a cloud based installation?

AliZiya
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @Sajid01 , 

Nope, It's installed on pysical machine. 

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @AliZiya 
Typically change of   permissions persists reboot.
However, as this is not happening indicates that something is running that resets the permissions.
Work with the SAS tech Support to find if this is due to some script in SAS. If that is not the case then it is better to investigate.
There is another approach, you can create a boot time script to do what you want but would not prefer this. Better to identify the root cause and handle the issue rather than   provide a symptomatic solution.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation