BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
brian_roseberry
Calcite | Level 5

Looking for assistance with an error code running SAS 9.4 on Windows Server 2012R2.  Any help appreciated - details below: 

I have a task in the Task Scheduler program that runs a simple .bat file that creates a timestamp and submits a SAS command line to launch a program and redirect .lst/.log files to time stamped files in a specific folder.

A couple important points:

1- The task runs successfully when I run the batch manually under my ID

2- The task runs successfully when I am logged into the server and initiate it manually through Task Scheduler

3- The task runs successfully when under the login of my system admin when he is logged in and initiates it manually

4- The task runs successfully when under the login of my system admin when he is not logged in and it lunches on schedule

This is the issue...

5- The scheduled task runs under my ID when I am not logged in but but returns the following cryptic error to the server:   

SAS Error Event: hzoscsidl: Unknown error for KNOWNFOLDERID FOLDERID_Documents Return code from system -2147024891

Does anyone have any idea what this error means?  I am over my head here - I understand it relates to the KNOWNFODERID and the settings on the 'Documents' Environment.SpecialFolder, but I have no idea why the sams script run by the same users in different conditions would trigger this error or where to get additional information.  Hoping the community can help...

SAS Software Version: SAS 9.4 TS Level 1M2 X64_SRV12 platform

Operating System:  Windows Server 2012R2 Standard

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @brian_roseberry,

that is most probably because your account is not included in some Local or Group Security Policy.Not sure about which one at this moment. It could be "run as a service" or "log on as batch job".

If I were you I would ask one of your Windows admins, they should know the answer and if you can actually set the Security policy for your account. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation