BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

Can you guide me the connection setup guide for GoogleBIG Query from SAS9.4 M8 on RHEL?.

We do have license to SAS Access Interface to BigQuery, making direct connection using libname statement through credentail file using BigQuery engine is not working even though we have a 443 port enabled from the server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

setting the below environment variable in SAS resolved the issue

export GOMEMLIMIT=250MiB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

Below is the error message I received when I try LIBNAME statement after the SAS configuraton is done.

as mentioned, we do have license to SAS/Access interface to BigQuery and I don't think we need do install ODBC drivers on the server.

33 libname BIGQSAS bigquery project="&project." schema="SCHEMA." cred_path=&path. bulkload=YES bulkunload=YES;
ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: General Error - invalid Exception
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
Error: The connection to the server has been lost.

mkiran
Quartz | Level 8

setting the below environment variable in SAS resolved the issue

export GOMEMLIMIT=250MiB

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation