BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

All,

I am looking to get the alert when a file reaches to 75 GB in SAS through SAS EVM.

Please can you advice on this.

what setting do I need to do in SAS EVM.

Thanks,

SS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

I included screenshots and also how to change the default alert times. 

If this does answer your question please be sure to mark this as answered, please.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @sathya66 

I don't think there is any such metric that is captured in EVM for which you can create an alert on. You will have to write custom scripts to perform this check.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If we are talking about SAS 9.4, in Environment Manager under Resources -> Platforms select the host where the file exists.
Under the Tools Menu select "New Platform Service"
Give it a name (i.e. File Monitor - /path/to/file)
Select the service type "FileServer - File"
Click Ok
Click Configuration Properties to configure the resource.
Specify the path to the file you wish to monitor in the path field and click Ok.
You can then create an alert to trigger off of the size metric.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

I included screenshots and also how to change the default alert times. 

If this does answer your question please be sure to mark this as answered, please.

Thanks

sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for this.

I configured correctly and serive availablity is 100% but Iam getting below error.see the screenshot below

sathya66_0-1604593629050.png

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It looks like it has a problem with what is stored in the "path" field of the configuration.
--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Alert is working though. I just tested, I am getting the email alert. It looks like a warning and it can be ignored?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
It does look like it's successfully pulling the size metric. If the size is accurate, I would say you can probably safely ignore the message.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation