BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Saud
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I’m using SAS 9.3 installed in MS server, the current platform hosting multiple SAS application (CS AML EGRC WRS ets..).

I need to generate a report contains all user access (login/log out). Is there a way to extract such information from metadata ?

And how to generate this reports

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

you can get the information on different ways:

- By parsing the log files (Metadata server log, Workspace server log, SAS Web Application logs)

- On the SAS Management Console, if you go to the lowest level of your SAS metadata server, you can Right-click and "Connect". Then on the right side you can see your logins of the day.

-  APM/ACM reports can provide, I believe, such reports.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Do you simply want a report of all SAS users defined in your metadata (potential users) or do you want a report of SAS users actually using your system?

Saud
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you both JuanS_OCS & SASKiwi

Actually I’m using the metadata server log. But the issue it contains all user connection thru application MidTier activity; while I’m looking for a simple report (user id, login IP, login/logoff time).

Regards

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Saud,

so, do you want to audit only the web applications?

In case that this is what you need, you may want to give a look into those:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/68217/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n06skrc2rtwecsn14vi...

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biwaag/63149/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003310614.htm

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation