BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobbieFreddie
Calcite | Level 5

I've seen this point brought up, and searching on it returns many results.  I understand the documentation and limitations that SAS currently has in having 32 character names, and I can live with that.  The thing is, the data world is continuing to evolve, and mentioning in project meetings the requirement to have less than 32 characters for tables that will have a SAS piece, gets me strange looks.

Question is, are there any good rumors out there, or plans to bump table names up to, let's say, 128 characters?  Like many others, table names greater than 32 characters are becoming more and more common.

Again, just looking for any rumors to when this will be addressed in the future.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't know the answer, nor am I privy to any rumors.  However, you can use the SASware ballot to see how many other users out there feel the need for this feature.  The developers DO use it as part of their business development process.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

RobbieFreddie
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Doc@Duke for the suggestion!

I took your advice and created a SASware Ballot.  I will post a link to the SASware Ballot so anyone who reads this discussion can vote in favor for the idea!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation