BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

We applied, 2 years ago, SAML authentication in front of SAS Web applications as described by @MikeRoda in this paper "Federated Security Domains with SAS® and SAML".

It works well for SAS Visual Analytics application for example, and enable users to access to their reports withouth authentication prompt.

About SAS Studio, to authenticate users to the Workspace Server, we currently use SAS Token Authentication.

We would like to enhance SAS Workspace Server authentication policy with user login authentication.

I had, previously, already configured this kind of "full SSO configuration" for Kerberos, and it works well.

My question is : is exist any configuration to allow it with SAML authentication ?

For information, Web authentication is passed through "email of the user", as it is registred in SAS Metadata Server :

• Authentication Domain ---> Web
  • Login --> user's email

I tried to add in user's login in metadata, a login for the Workspace Server and change the authentication mode to "prompt for user/passsword", but it does not work.

So, today, I ask first if this kind of configuration is possible or not ?

• Example of the target's configuration in the SAS Management Console

Gaetan_0-1632901555863.png

• gsoulas is my current Linux user
  • gaetan.soulas@datawaves.fr is my email configured to be authenticated per the SAS Web Server, via SAML module in SAS Web Server (Shibboleth)

Best regards,

Gaetan

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

That's how we do it for EG workspace server connections although we also add the AD domain on the front of the username like DOMAIN\UserAccount. Have you tried it?

Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

yes, I have tried it, but issue still occurs.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation