BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi all,

During the update of SAS 9.4 M4 on Windows x64, the SDW got some error on the config update. I aborted to investigate, but I want t attemp the update again. However, since the software update went through ok, I'm not getting prompted to do the configuration update.

Is there a way to force the SDW to go into update mode ? The -help option doesn't show anything, so this might be one of those unpublished features of the SDW like -console was back in the years.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi nhvdwalt,

You can run the SAS Deployment Manager task "update existing configuration".   Instructions can be found in the SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platfrom Installation and Configuration Guide section "Configure Updated or Upgraded SAS Products" http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biig/69172/PDF/default/biig.pdf.

You didn't say what the configuration failure was or how you resolved it.  If you encounter a failure when running the SAS Deployment Manager to update the configuration - at the same step or a step prior to the original failure - I recommend that you contact SAS Technical Support who can help to identify the cause of the failure.   

I hope everything goes well with your update.

Michele

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Thanks Michele,

I found the feature as you mentioned.

It seems like the software update is ok, but on the configuration for the SAS Environment Manager Agent, it fails. The only error I get is 'An unexpected error has occured' I get this on all the tiers.

Thanks for the tip 🙂

Regards,

Nico.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation