BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
barbe1lj
Calcite | Level 5

I am experiencing an issue that I am looking for any suggestions for. I have a team of about 5 that we all currently running and troubleshooting  SAS 9.4 jobs for (Test, Dev and Prod environments) in Flow Manager.  We currently have to remote into our SAS clients box to use Flow manager. Only one user can log into the remote box at a time. So we are constantly either kicking team members off or have to double check to make sure it is ok to log in. Has anyone experienced issues with this? Any recommendations on how to not have too many hands in a pot situation? Can you install Flow Manager on desktops?

Thank you so much for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There's no problem installing Flow Manager on all required desktops, typically on all SAS administrators' PCs. It's what we do. The limitation with the number of Windows remote connections is a Microsoft licensing limit and nothing to do with SAS or Flow Manager. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There's no problem installing Flow Manager on all required desktops, typically on all SAS administrators' PCs. It's what we do. The limitation with the number of Windows remote connections is a Microsoft licensing limit and nothing to do with SAS or Flow Manager. 

kdebruhl
SAS Employee

In agreement with @SASKiwi 

An optional implementation that we us is to  install Flow Manager on a MS Windows server and using Citrix make that available to all SAS developers who have responsibility around scheduling.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation