BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Assume I have four grid nodes and jobs are running in all those grid nodes. Now if I wish to find the process id, user id,...for each node how can I find it?
2 REPLIES 2
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you have a central, shared logs location for SASApp, then you could try running some SAS code.  You can modify as needed, of course, but I do this to find out who owns a standard WorkspaceServer session that was grid-launched.  There's probably a better way to do this, but this is how I do it:

%LET SASCONFIG=/your/sas/config/location;

/*Retrieve long listing of work directory contents*/
FILENAME XCMD2 PIPE "ls -ltr &SASCONFIG./Lev1/Logs/*WorkspaceServer*";

DATA _NULL_;
	CALL SYMPUTX('TODAY',PUT(TODAY(),YYMMDD10.));
RUN;

%PUT &TODAY;

DATA Details;
INFILE XCMD2 DSD TRUNCOVER;
LENGTH TEXT $512.;
INPUT @1 TEXT;
USERID = SCAN(TEXT,3,' ');
GROUPID = SCAN(TEXT,4,' ');
PID = SCAN(SCAN(TEXT,-1,'_'),1,'.');
DROP TEXT;
RUN;

Note that we are running in a Linux environment, so you may need to change some things depending on your OS and setup.

doug_sas
SAS Employee

What SAS Grid Manager product are you using and what version?

If your grid is using SAS Workload Orchestrator, there is the SAS Workload Orchestrator Administration Utility or the SAS Workload Orchestrator GUI that may be able to provide that information.

If your grid is using Platform Suite for SAS, there are command line utilities (like BJOBS) and GUIs (like SAS Grid Manager Module for SAS Environment Manager or RTM) that may be able to help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation