BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ern_23
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

My purpose is to share a SAS output stored as csv/xlsx/txt file under SAS Content folder through e-mail. I'm trying to attach the file by referencing it but since SAS run on Unix/Linux , the path and filename I give does not reflect the true path & filename.

Is there any function or efficient way to obtain name & location of a file locates any of folders under SAS Content?

Thank you,

Eren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ern_23
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt_Bremser,

I fixed the problem by changing the folder path to /PUBLIC/ and taking the filename name given in the log. 

Thank you !

Eren

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

How do you create the output files? SAS will show the full location in the log, and the code will also have the location present in some form (the location string may be built out of macro variables, so you need the contents of those).

ern_23
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm using Proc Export to create .csv version of SAS file. Before Proc Export step, I'm specifying file reference by using filename , folderpath and other necessary parameters. I had tried URI path and File Identifier information given in the log (after creation CSV file) , but it did not work out.
ern_23
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt_Bremser,

I fixed the problem by changing the folder path to /PUBLIC/ and taking the filename name given in the log. 

Thank you !

Eren

tampham92
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing in SAS EG. The log said /sasusera_home/xxx but I don’t have a full path.
May I ask what you mean by changing it to /public/. I cannot connect sas with c drive either.

Best Regards,
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What kind of file do you create?

Which of the tools provided by EG do you use (code node, export wizard)?

Please post the complete log by copy/pasting it into a window opened with this button:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-07 um 08.32.59.jpg

Ksharp
Super User
filename x '.';
%let path=%sysfunc(pathname(x));

%put &=path. ;

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation