BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I noticed the below errors in Event Viewer (Windows server 2012), has anyone encountered this before. any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  

SAS Error Event: host_nonpc_options_work: Environment Variable exists in the WORK option path. S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP\!username

SAS Error Event: host_nonpc_options_work: Environment Variable exists in the WORK option path. S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP\!usernametoexec.sas

SAS Error Event: host_nonpc_options_work: Environment Variable exists in the WORK option path. S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP\!usernameOT\hpdmine\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\hpets\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\hps\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\hpstat\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\iml\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\inttech\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\lasreng\sasexe"          "!SASROOT\or\sasexe"  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
I'd say you have a situation where a SAS session is being launched in a context where the `username` environment variable doesnt exist. This results in the error.

You can tell who owns a work folder by just looking at the creator of the folder. Why not just set -WORK "S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP"?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
What is your WORK option set to in your sasv9.cfg?
kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi.

Below is the folder assigned for SAS work.

-WORK "S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP\!username"

SimonDawson
SAS Employee
I'd say you have a situation where a SAS session is being launched in a context where the `username` environment variable doesnt exist. This results in the error.

You can tell who owns a work folder by just looking at the creator of the folder. Why not just set -WORK "S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP"?
kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the response, I will set the work directory as you have suggested. 

kiran_mk
Obsidian | Level 7

Simon, Appreciate your help.

Followed your instruction and changed the work directory to -WORK "S:\SAS94\SAS_TEMP.

No errors were found in Event Viewer.  

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation