BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
seshas23
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

We have SAS9.4 running on Windows and I am new employee and I have been added to SAS Admin Group , however when I try to connect to SAS Management Console I get the below error . Could you please assist what the problem could be .

The user xxxx is not authorized to connect to server xxxx . 

I tried testing the connection to SAS Metadata Server using SAS Integrated Technology and it works successfully .

Thank you

Shweta 

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What credentials have you put in your SMC profile? Are you using an actual userid and password or are you choosing Integrated Windows Authentication? Also check that you have correctly specified the host name of your SAS metadata server and the port number.

Also check that the user name you are using is defined as an OS user that has the permissions to logon to the SAS Application server.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation