BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pessi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

While running sync job for the first time after installing M6 on the server, I am getting below error.

ERROR: Repository is not registered.

Getting that error in one of the sas autos MDUCHGL. It is the last sasuautos macro.Prior to that all themacros executed successfully like mducmp,mduchgv.

below is the code:

filename _respons temp;

proc metadata in = _outxml out=_respons;

run;

The same step ran successfully on top in MDUADMS macro.

The same code running successfully in M5 environment on other server.

What might be missing here? Any insights?

Thanks,

Pessi

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

This happens when the data extracted from Metadata is missing necessary attributes. The end result is a query where no ID (and thus no repository) is declared. 

This could happen if creating identities (users or groups) programmatically and not including the necessary attributes when doing so.

I would recommend contacting technical support so we can identify which objects are causing the issue and correct them.

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
pessi
Obsidian | Level 7
This happened after my colleague has deleted a group.
When I recovered the metadata and run the sync job, it failed with other reason stating
"An Identity group ABC Users already exists in the server".
1)if the group is there it is failing with the error.
"An Identity group ABC Users already exists in the server".
2)If the group is not there it is failing with the error.
"Error: Repository is not registered"

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation