BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

SAS 9.4M7, EV 2.6

Does anyone know if there's a limit on the total number of resources displayed by Metric Viewer portlets in the EV Dashboard? I have four such portlets defined, each with resources configured. But the last one doesn't display any of its resources. There are ten resources overall displayed by the other three. In the settings for each I've set Number of Top Resources to 30.

This screenshot demonstrates. The first is for Object Spawners. The other three are for monitoring free disk space on three different servers. The final one doesn't display any resources despite two being defined.

Nigel_Pain_1-1660813222916.png

I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

OK, so it's been a while but we finally got there! I raised a track with TS (and I believe Riz from TS in the UK might have spoken to you @gwootton?). Turns out the problem was that rather than being an Environment Manager dashboard issue, it was the agent on one of the servers which wasn't collecting any native server stats (CPU, memory network, file mounts, etc). In the end, we removed the server platform from EV, stopped the agent on the server itself, removed the data directory and restarted the agent. This added the server platform back in and, lo and behold, all the resources are populating as they should.

And I was able to add my metric viewer in the EV dashboard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I'm not aware of any limitation. I tried in my dashboard adding 5 metric viewer portlets for different resources and they all appeared with data. You may wish to take a look a the logs for the Environment Manager server to check for issues, or engage SAS Technical Support.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Greg. TS are taking a look. I'll report back.

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

OK, so it's been a while but we finally got there! I raised a track with TS (and I believe Riz from TS in the UK might have spoken to you @gwootton?). Turns out the problem was that rather than being an Environment Manager dashboard issue, it was the agent on one of the servers which wasn't collecting any native server stats (CPU, memory network, file mounts, etc). In the end, we removed the server platform from EV, stopped the agent on the server itself, removed the data directory and restarted the agent. This added the server platform back in and, lo and behold, all the resources are populating as they should.

And I was able to add my metric viewer in the EV dashboard.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation