BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
viegas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm new at SAS Administration and I'm facing an issue that I can't solve.

After a forced reboot on SAS Server, because of a core switch failure, our users are not able to start Enterprise Miner, which returns the following error message: "The application could not find a valid SAS environment to use."

I've attached the error log file and I've also checked the KBs 52918 and 52932, but the solution given is to contact the support.

SASHome\sassw.config is also properly configured.

Before doing that I am trying this forum because I think it would be an issue of easy solution.

Server is up and running and Enterprise Guide is working fine.

Log Transcription (error part):

------- JNLP Cleanup -------
------- JNLP Cleanup -------
Jul 17, 2018 10:52:08 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
Advertência: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
0 [main] WARN com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy - IOException in remote method invocation: 'ReflectiveMethodInvocation: public abstract com.sas.svcs.registry.client.RegisteredService com.sas.svcs.registry.client.ServiceRegistryInterface.getServiceByInterface(java.lang.String); target is null'. Trying to reinitialize and retry call (maximum 3 more times).
9 [main] WARN com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy - IOException in remote method invocation: 'ReflectiveMethodInvocation: public abstract com.sas.svcs.registry.client.RegisteredService com.sas.svcs.registry.client.ServiceRegistryInterface.getServiceByInterface(java.lang.String); target is null'. Trying to reinitialize and retry call (maximum 2 more times).
16 [main] WARN com.sas.svcs.remoting.client.SASClientTicketingProxy - IOException in remote method invocation: 'ReflectiveMethodInvocation: public abstract com.sas.svcs.registry.client.RegisteredService com.sas.svcs.registry.client.ServiceRegistryInterface.getServiceByInterface(java.lang.String); target is null'. Trying to reinitialize and retry call (maximum 1 more times).
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sas.analytics.eminer.visuals.Main.main(Main.java:732)
Tue Jul 17 10:53:00 2018
INFO: ExeProc::ExeandDisplay::GetExitCodeProcess=1
Tue Jul 17 10:53:00 2018
INFO: Launcher::main=1

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @viegas,

is this happening on every client?

How are your users connecting with SAS EM? With a local client? Or they connect to the Miner URL and download the client from the web application?

I would open a support ticket with SAS Technical Support.

Meanwhile, perhaps you would like to test this in one of your client computers:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16428098/groovy-shell-warning-could-not-open-create-prefs-root-n...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23720446/java-could-not-open-create-prefs-error

jbkm86
Calcite | Level 5
Hi @viegas,

Did you fix the issue ? If yes, how and what did you do ?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation