BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Dear Members,

I just finished installing and configuring SAS 9.4 EBI Server on AIX, and when first browsing through the User metadata, I noticed that no roles and functions concerning Enterprise Guide are present. Has the design for Enterprise Guide-related capabilities changed, or has there been a minor mishap during the metadata configuration process here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

Check this SAS Note: 

•  Problem Note 46788: The roles for SAS® Enterprise Guide® or SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office are missing from your SAS® 9.2, SAS® 9.3, or SAS® 9.4 environment

It provides some manual steps you can use to fix this up.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

Check this SAS Note: 

•  Problem Note 46788: The roles for SAS® Enterprise Guide® or SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office are missing from your SAS® 9.2, SAS® 9.3, or SAS® 9.4 environment

It provides some manual steps you can use to fix this up.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Thanks.

But when I ran

./ApplicationMetadataUtility* -host hostname -port 8561 -user sasadm@saspw -password password /sas/EG71.app.xml

I got:

Invalid command line syntax.
Multiple source XML files specified.

I don't know where it sees more than one XML file.

Forget it.

I just saw that, because of the way AIX 7.1 displays executables (with a star!), I accidentally added the ApplicationMetadataUtility.ini on the commandline. Am now fetching early afternoon coffee.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation