BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

We got an error after upgrading SAS Studio from 3.6 to 3.71. When we add some code to it we receive this error: ERROR: Invalid object specified to bridge protocol engine

We saw this page: https://support.sas.com/kb/62/402.html and tried to apply the hot-fix: C2L003  but when we try to apply it, we get that the hot-fix is already installed. Do someone now what we can do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: extra information about our SAS software:

Original site validation data
 Current version: 9.04.01M5P091317
 Site name:   
 Site number: 
 Expiration:   29JUN2019.
 Grace Period:  62 days (ending 30AUG2019).
 Warning Period: 31 days (ending 30SEP2019).
 System birthday:   20SEP2018.
 Operating System:   LIN X64 .
 Product expiration dates:
 ---Base SAS Software                                                                                    29JUN2019  
 ---SAS/STAT                                                                                             29JUN2019  
 ---SAS/GRAPH                                                                                            29JUN2019  
 ---SAS/Secure 168-bit                                                                                   29JUN2019  
 ---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files                                                                     15SEP2018  
 ---SAS/ACCESS Interface to MySQL                                                                        29JUN2019  
 ---SAS Workspace Server for Local Access                                                                29JUN2019  
 ---High Performance Suite                                                                               29JUN2019  

73         proc product_status;
 74         run;

For Base SAS Software ...
    Custom version information: 9.4_M5
    Image version information: 9.04.01M5P090617
 For SAS/STAT ...
    Custom version information: 14.3
 For SAS/GRAPH ...
 For SAS/Secure 168-bit ...
    Custom version information: 9.41_M2
 For High Performance Suite ...
    Custom version information: 2.2_M6
 For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...
 For SAS/ACCESS Interface to MySQL ...
 NOTE: PROCEDURE PRODUCT_STATUS used (Total process time):
       real time           0.00 seconds
       cpu time            0.00 seconds
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
14 REPLIES 14
alexal
SAS Employee

@oswin_fox,

I'm wondering, have you followed post-installation instructions?

• For SAS Studio Enterprise (Mid-Tier), this hot fix requires post-installation steps that will update the web application deployed to your application server.
  • Follow the steps documented in the rebuild_redeploy_webapp doc to update and deploy the web application.
    Please ensure all users clear cookies and cache from any web browser they are using. In addition, Chrome may need the “Hosted app data” cleared.
oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank for your reply, you are right I did not see that step. I will try this tomorrow. Thanks for the information and I post here if it is solved tomorrow Smiley Happy

alexal
SAS Employee

@oswin_fox,

Sure, please keep me posted.

oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @alexal,

So i try the POST installation instruction but I am stuck...

1. How to start the Metadata server? (I am pretty sure do not have this in my installation configuration)

2. I do not have this option: "Select Rebuild Web Applications" in my sasdm.sh program, what to do then?

Do you have documentation how to administrate a sas installation? Because sorry but the documentation is too widespread. So if you knows links I should have I will take them 🙂

Anyway thanks for your help.

alexal
SAS Employee

@oswin_fox,

You can start or stop the metadata server (or any SAS service) from your SAS configuration directory. Please see details below:

Using the sas.servers Script on UNIX or z/OS to Start or Stop All Servers

Also, check this document: SAS® Deployment Wizard and SAS® Deployment Manager 9.4: User’s Guide

oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @alexal,

I already read this page, but i do not have sas.servers file in my Linux machine.

I do not understand what it means with: Go to the top level of your configuration directory (for example, SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/) ???

Thank you

alexal
SAS Employee

@oswin_fox,

That is possible if you are using SAS Studio Basic edition. What are you using?

oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

i am using SAS Studio Basic edition

alexal
SAS Employee

@oswin_fox,

In that case, you do not need to rebuild anything, just make sure you have restarted the object spawner as well as a web server.

Starting and Stopping the SAS Object Spawner and the SAS Web Application Server

oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @alexal,

the thing is Step 4: "Select Rebuild Web Applications" I do not have this option in my sasdm.sh program.

What can I do???

alexal
SAS Employee

@oswin_fox,

the thing is Step 4: "Select Rebuild Web Applications" I do not have this option in my sasdm.sh program.
What can I do???

Nothing, that applies only to SAS Studio Enterprise (Middle Tier). 

oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

ok but then I still have my error and this do not solve by the hot-fix

oswin_fox
Fluorite | Level 6

ok I will do that, thank you for your time

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation