BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
John_Wick
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi there! I have problem with running proc infomaps. When I run simple code like:

proc infomaps;
run;

Then I get error:

Top Exception:
[ java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError ]

[ com.sas.util.UncheckedException: FATAL ERROR: Initialization of com.sas.report.config.StartPFS failed! ]

Root Exception:
[ java.io.IOException: No such file or directory ]
ERROR: The procedure was unable to log in the user.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Wick
Obsidian | Level 7
The problem was in permission. Several .jar files had execution permission. After removing “x” from them, proc infomaps began to work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
anuraagjv
SAS Employee

Are you able to run the following code:

proc javainfo picklist 'base/infomaps.txt';run;

In the log, you will get a list of files. You should make sure that those files can be accessed by the user running the batch session.

John_Wick
Obsidian | Level 7
Processes run under sas linux user.
proc javainfo all; returns user.name = sas
And sas is owner of directories from
proc javainfo picklist
John_Wick
Obsidian | Level 7
The problem was in permission. Several .jar files had execution permission. After removing “x” from them, proc infomaps began to work.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation