BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BobD
Fluorite | Level 6

Well, "fair amount" seems like an understatement.  I created a subset depot for only OLAP Cube Studio and Information Map Studio (which are the only products not in my regular Windows order) and the result is still 5.1 GB.   And yes, I selected only Windows (not Windows 64) and only English.

I suppose the best solution would be to figure out how to get these two tools into my regular Windows order.  I has asked about this before but was told it was not possible (my guess is there is some license restriction).  It's not obvious to me why that should be true, since these two products do not work without a BI server (as far as I know), but that's way above my pay grade.  Perhaps I can ask for a supplemental order with just those tow products; I'll ask again.

For safety sake, I just went ahead and downloaded a complete "Windows" depot from my UNIX order using the Download Manager.  That was painfull (taking about eight hours), but I'm sure the network and the antivirus scanner (which I cannot disable) was at fault.  This copy is about 10 GB.  Running the Deployment Wizard to add these two products showed it was adding about 660 MB.

BTW, there is a link-to-nowhere on the SAS support site that references a future release (SAS 9.4): http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/index.html.  It will just be my luck that my the time I get 9,.3 up and running, a new version will be out!

Anyway, thanks for the response; I'm good to go.

Bob

Mark_sas
SAS Employee

Thanks for mentioning the "link-to-nowhere."  A bad version of this page had slipped out to the production site.  We've since corrected this problem, and the content at http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/index.html again lists the correct releases.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation