BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
stevo642
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.4529] — see system info at end attached doc

The SAS Deployment Wizard reports I'm running Win 7 and won't proceed

See the dialog that pops up in attached doc

I’ve run setup.exe as Admin and it still reports Win 7

My system is up to date with all Win Update patches.

I’ve checked the SAS Foundation System Requirements and my system is robust with plenty of cores, RAM, and disk space (see images at end)

I can run the Microsoft Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. If I select Win XP SP3 the Deployment Wizard will run setup.exe to completion but only within the MS Troubleshooter. If I stop, save the Win XP SP3 compatibility for setup.exe and then run setup.exe, I get the same error as above — running Win 7. See log file snip, next—

NOTE: Additional host information:
 X64_7PRO WIN 6.1.7600  Workstation

Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stevo642
Obsidian | Level 7

Found my error with BIG help from SAS’s Brian Nielsen and a MS Teams shared screen session — Thank you, Brian.

I start a lot of apps & shortcuts with Launchy.exe — a very helpful app launcher, IMO — https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=3084

I had problems with Launchy a while ago and set it to Win 7 compatibility mode then forgot about doing that.

I didn’t understand that (some?/all?) apps it launched, including the Deployment Wizard, would inherit it’s Win 7 OS compatibility setting.

I’ve turned off that compatibility setting and all seems good.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version and maintenance release of SAS are you trying to install? If you installing SAS 9.4M5 or earlier then I suggest you try the latest version SAS 9.4M8 to see if that helps. It may be worth opening a Tech Support track before proceeding further.

stevo642
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm installing SAS 9.4 TS1M8

I just requested the software today.

I had this same problem last year when I did my annual July update

I'll take your suggestion & open a support track

— Cheers!

Information for Tech Support Site
Site Name: STEPHEN OKEEFE
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® Workstation for x64
Internal Reference: SAS 9.4 TS1M8, Rev. 940_24w25
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Should be OK then. What was the solution last year?

stevo642
Obsidian | Level 7

I forget how I 'got by' last year.

Support track is open.

If we find anything clear cut, I'll report back.

Might just have to do a full uninstall - reinstall

stevo642
Obsidian | Level 7

Found my error with BIG help from SAS’s Brian Nielsen and a MS Teams shared screen session — Thank you, Brian.

I start a lot of apps & shortcuts with Launchy.exe — a very helpful app launcher, IMO — https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=3084

I had problems with Launchy a while ago and set it to Win 7 compatibility mode then forgot about doing that.

I didn’t understand that (some?/all?) apps it launched, including the Deployment Wizard, would inherit it’s Win 7 OS compatibility setting.

I’ve turned off that compatibility setting and all seems good.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That's great. Please update your last post as answered in that case.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation