BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
er7671
Calcite | Level 5

I wanted to uninstall SAS 9.4 from my machine (Windows 64 Bit) but got stuck with Deployment Manager. Previous posts on this matter discussed how to update/modify JRE to work around this issuse but in 9.4 JRE is installed as SAS Private JRE (link) so those recommendations are not useful in my case.

Appreciate any word of wisdom anyone can share!

3 REPLIES 3
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11
Could you elaborate a bit more on the problem you’re facing ?
er7671
Calcite | Level 5

Well it's simple, I tried to run sasdm.exe in order to uninstall my sas products but it failed to launch. Something along the lines described in here. Have also tried Windows standard way to uninstall (in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) but that failed as well.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Are any logs produced under C:\Users\<<userid>>\AppData\Local\SAS\SASDeploymentWizard ?

Also, I've found with the SAS Java clients that they fail to start (without error) if there is not enough memory available. Make sure you close all apps on your PC before launching the SDM.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation