BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anvil
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'd like to deploy SAS Viya 4 on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure but seems that there is not an official package.

I've seen there is a K8S package for AWS, GCP, and Azure and a generic package. 

Moreover I've seen the OpenShift as alternative but I know not is it is the correct way.

Could you please address me to right solution?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Only OpenShift, AWS, GCP and Azure are currently supported:

Host Machine and Cluster Requirements
SAS Viya runs in a Kubernetes cluster on multiple cloud platforms. At this time, only the cloud providers that are specified in Kubernetes Cluster Requirements are supported. Note that SAS does not support the on-premises Kubernetes services that are supplied by the public cloud providers.

SAS provides Limited Support for SAS Viya when it is deployed on a distribution of Kubernetes that is not listed here. See https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/services-policies.html#k8s for the detailed support policy that applies to Kubernetes.
Source: https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/itopscdc/v_019/itopssr/n1ika6zxghgsoqn1mq4bck9dx695.htm#p064...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@gwootton  - So does that mean that currently there is no fully supported on-premise option for Viya 4 / 2021?  

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The addition of OpenShift support with the 2021.1.6 release gives us on-premise capability. The note about on-premise refers to things like Amazon EKS Anywhere.
--
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Thanks and good to know. We are currently weighing up our Viya options and having an on-premise option is important for us.

Anvil
Calcite | Level 5

@gwootton thanks. Could I use the K8S distribution and deploy it on a K8S VM on Oracle Cloud ? What kind of support SAS provide and what are the differences among other public cloud providers?

Thanks a lot,

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You can certainly try to deploy on an alternative Kubernetes distribution. The SAS support policy for such a deployment is available here:
https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/services-policies.html#k8s

The supported providers are those that have gone through rigorous testing to confirm work as expected.
--
N224
Obsidian | Level 7

Mate, in about 3-4 days I'm going to publish script / turorial for deployment on any enviroment (cloud or not) , from begining (vm creation) to end (sucessful sasboot login 🙂 ), give me some time.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation