BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pessi
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to delete attachments associated with custom objects in MRM platform. I am able to delete them from attachment_l table and removes the attachments from custom objects and I can see it in the URL.
But, I wanted to delete from content server as well programmatically. Anyway of achieving it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
J_Myers
SAS Employee

By default, when you delete an attachment through the MRM/RGF UI, the attachment isn’t physically deleted from the SAS Content Server.  The attachment is only marked as deleted.  However, in an RGF 7.4 hot fix, RGF added the ability to specify that attachments should be physically deleted.  See https://support.sas.com/kb/67/467.html

Note that you should never manually delete objects from the RGF database, e.g. attachment_l table, unless instructed to do so by SAS Technical Support.  Also, if you removed an object from the attachment_l table but not from the attachment (history) table, you've caused a database integrity issue.  The live tables ( end in _l) should be kept in sync with the history tables (not ending in _l). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
J_Myers
SAS Employee

By default, when you delete an attachment through the MRM/RGF UI, the attachment isn’t physically deleted from the SAS Content Server.  The attachment is only marked as deleted.  However, in an RGF 7.4 hot fix, RGF added the ability to specify that attachments should be physically deleted.  See https://support.sas.com/kb/67/467.html

Note that you should never manually delete objects from the RGF database, e.g. attachment_l table, unless instructed to do so by SAS Technical Support.  Also, if you removed an object from the attachment_l table but not from the attachment (history) table, you've caused a database integrity issue.  The live tables ( end in _l) should be kept in sync with the history tables (not ending in _l). 

pessi
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @J_Myers,
Thanks.. yes Now using the same.
I am not going to delete from attachment_l as it is not best approach.Instead, just going through unloader xlsx file.
Thanks for your reply.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation