BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
randywhite30
Fluorite | Level 6

I deployed SAS as a test in Azure from the Market Place. The deployment failed so I'm trying to delete it and start over. I get an error when I try to delete it.

however, the access is denied because of the deny assignment with name "System deny assignment created by managed application". How do I delete the application?

5 REPLIES 5
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Can't you just drop the instance and spin-up a new one?

randywhite30
Fluorite | Level 6

I've tried. I get the error that I posted. "access is denied because of the deny assignment with name System deny assignment created by managed application"

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried Azure Marketplace forums? This doesn't sound like a SAS-specific problem to me.

randywhite30
Fluorite | Level 6

This is certainly an issue with the application architecture. Its an issue with how the application is deployed from the marketplace. When the application is deployed it asks for a separate resource group to put the application in, but it also creates its own resource group to put all resources into that support the application. Its an odd architecture. I was able to resolve the issue by deleting managed application first then I was able to delete all the other resources.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This note from Microsoft says you need to delete the managed application.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/586310/deny-assignment
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation