BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Alok_Pal
Quartz | Level 8

I have a user reporting an issue while using search utility in SAS Data Integration Studio 4.901, whenever the user attempts to perform a search on Folders and hits the Browse button, it pops up the error message that says "The URL must be an SBIP protocol".

(Please see the attached screenshot)

I did my initial research about the error but didn't find any help. Did anyone over here ever faced the same issue? Or if anyone can give me some relevant reference material?

Any help/ information would be greately appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alok_Pal
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for your response LinusH!

Is this reproducible for other users/client installations?
- Well, this issue seems to be isolated to one user only.

Any messages in the metadata server log?
- I don't see any skeptical information logged in metadata server logs.

And the reason why you don't see anything in the search criteria is you can do it either way, either by entering the search criteria or by clicking on the browse button (as in this case).

Finally, I do contacted SAS tech support and what they have to say about it is: "You have reported a known issue that has been fixed in an upcoming software maintenance release. SAS9.4 TS1M5 will be released within the next several weeks".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Anyhow this sounds like a task for SAS tech support.
Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Wait in the screen shot, from what I see you have not entered any search criteria. The main purpose for a search is that you are looking for something, not everything. What happened if you try to filter on name?
Data never sleeps
Alok_Pal
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for your response LinusH!

- Well, this issue seems to be isolated to one user only.

- I don't see any skeptical information logged in metadata server logs.

And the reason why you don't see anything in the search criteria is you can do it either way, either by entering the search criteria or by clicking on the browse button (as in this case).

Finally, I do contacted SAS tech support and what they have to say about it is: "You have reported a known issue that has been fixed in an upcoming software maintenance release. SAS9.4 TS1M5 will be released within the next several weeks".

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation