BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Coa_SAs
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I need some SAS methods that we could prepare a data entry form using SAS tools.(User Interface)  The idea is that the business users could enter data that would get written to a SAS dataset which is use to write reports
from.

For example:

-User could select a  ID from a dynamic list

-User could select a date-

User could enter a dollar amount

-How will the user view what they entered?

-How will the user view historical data?

-Can the user change an entry in case of a typo?

Please give me some ideas.

Thanks In Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

That sounds more like prompts. Look into prompts in EG and/or SAS Portal.

This assumes that you have a SAS Server.

Coa_SAs
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza, Thanks for your reply, Please let me know how to convert SAS dataset through the web interface data, If I create a web interface for data entry.

Reeza
Super User

Why do you need to convert a SAS dataset? I think we're having some 'translation' issues.

It sounds like you want the user to provide some information and then you either store or run  a report. The term is typically considered prompts. You can search this on lexjansen.com for multiple examples of how to implement a solution.

The second possible interpretation is that you need a data entry from where you're collecting information from users on a regular basis that would then fall under using SAS/AF, again you can search lexjansen.com with that term.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation