BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jbond007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS Communities,

Question.. When I'm trying to create a shortcut on my SAS Studio (not SAS Studio V) I am only seeing my /home/<user> when selecting a folder. I want to relocate it to another OS directory but it won't let me, it only shows the home directory. May I know which config file to update to change this?

jbond007_0-1721060145147.png

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

You mean another directory on the same sever, right?  I'm not an admin, but when as a user when I've been confronted with such limitations, sometimes the easiest answer was to create a linux symbolic link in my home directory, which points to some other location.

But I guess you're using Viya?  I don't have Viya, and never really understood how Viya stores files.  I think in the typical set up, files are not actually stored on the OS as files, they're all stored in 'SAS storage' of some sort.  So it could be that my suggestion won't work at all, if you can't SSH to the server and see the files.

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out our recordings of past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Be sure to subscribe to our email list for notification of future BASUG events.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Here is the documentation for configuring SAS Studio Basic in Viya 3.5:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/calconfig/n03003sasconfiguration0admin.htm

The section "Set File Navigation Options" is applicable to your question.

So I think you'd need to (assuming you're on Linux) create or edit the file /opt/sas/viya/config/sysconfig/sasstudio.conf and add something like:

export java_global_option_sas_studio_filenavroot="-Dsas.studio.fileNavigationRoot=SYSTEM"

and this would tell Studio to provide access to the full file system instead of just your home directory.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation