BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Is there any way to copy/migrate (using Meta data files) the existing job flows from one SAS Management Console to another SAS MC (both are of same version)?

Issue: For example, Company-1 is taken ove the company-2. Now whatever the job flows (almost more than 100) existing in SAS MC 9.4 (which are actually running on IBM Process flow manager) of Company-2 need to be redeployed/recreated/scheduled into SAS MC 9.4 of Company-1. And the .sas codes and sas Datamarts are already migrated to Company-1's servers. Assume both sides have same OS i.e Unix/Linux servers and same IBM Process Flow manager.

To do this, I started deploying the codes and creating the flows and then scheduling them on to Company-1's SAS MC. But it is taking more time for this work.

Is there any way to copy the flows directly onto another SAS MC like using Meta data files or running any script?

Thank You

Best Regards

RaviSPR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Yes, by export/import metadata.
Data never sleeps
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Indeed, the way to go is to do a metadata export package (spk), import the jobs, redeploy the jobs, and schedule them.

For the task of scheduling, if you have custom calendars, you can either re-create them on the Calendar Editor of IBM, or you can just copy the xml files and changing the user on xmls (if needed).

RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank You . Yes we do have Custom calender.

Regards,

RaviSPR

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @RaviSPR;

You can do this using Export/Import SAS Package in SMC,

Here is the example for your reference:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1k1twndkw9je7n1sq3y...

RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank You Kalind Patel..
Now i can able to copy the jobs.
Thanks a Lot..
RaviSPR
RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Patel,

A small issue has arised after copying the job flow.

I have just gone thorugh your link and done importing spk file. And while importing (

Step 2: Import the SPK File) as per 6-b to d steps

i have deselected below 2 check boxes.

Include access controls

Preserve source path information for objects in the package

And selected - New objectes only. - Because i have already these codes deployed in the new SAS MC.

But after everything is done, when i see properties on main job flow i am getting Responisbilities as - sasprod (1st screenshot in the attached file) where as properties on the codes i am getting Responsibilities as - m0xxxx (2nd screenshot in the attached file).

Here i tried to add NEW responisbilites on job level's properties but after clicking OK and if i reopen the properties it is showing agian sasprod only.

Please see the attachement for your reference.

Can you please help me how to get the m0xxxx on Job flow level as well??

Thanks a lot.

RaviSPR

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @RaviSPR

I request you to start a new topic for this,

so that other users can also give their comments on this,

and it will be good for you to get the quick reply and suggestions from community members.

RaviSPR
Obsidian | Level 7

Okay. Thank You Patel.

Regards,

RaviSPR

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation