BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

All,

Wanted to understand, 

If we see content of DeploymentRegistry.txt file.
For example . One have Hot Fix Entry and the other one does not. What does it mean and difference between them. 

Host: wx6
Product: tkmssqlsvr
Version: 9.43
Display Name: SAS Threaded Kernel Extension for Microsoft SQL Server
Display Version: 9.43
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host: wx6
Product: mgmtconsole
Version: 9.4
Display Name: SAS Management Console
Hot Fix Entry: Hotfix I9E001
Display Version: 9.4_M7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Kumar

Each individual SAS product is maintained with hotfixes separately. So in your example, the threaded extension for SQL Server hasn't had any hotfixes applied (maybe because there haven't been any) whereas Management Console has had one, I9E001. The first three characters of the hotfix identify which product it is for.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Kumar

Each individual SAS product is maintained with hotfixes separately. So in your example, the threaded extension for SQL Server hasn't had any hotfixes applied (maybe because there haven't been any) whereas Management Console has had one, I9E001. The first three characters of the hotfix identify which product it is for.

Hope that helps.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation