BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shakir_Juolay
Obsidian | Level 7
I get the below error when I login using SAS Enterprise Miner. Clicking Yes doesn’t help.

The connection to SAS Enterprise Miner Server has been lost and it may be restarting. Wait a moment and select YES to attempt to reconnect, select NO to close the application.

What should I do to resolve the above.
4 REPLIES 4
Shakir_Juolay
Obsidian | Level 7

I get the below error when I login using SAS Enterprise Miner. Clicking Yes doesn’t help.

The connection to SAS Enterprise Miner Server has been lost and it may be restarting. Wait a moment and select YES to attempt to reconnect, select NO to close the application.

What should I do to resolve the above?

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Shakir_Juolay

Did you check your license?

If it is expired, you have to renew it AND update the SID file in metadata.

You can use Usage Note 57183 (Viewing the SID files in metadata via code submission for SAS® 9.4 (TS1M1) and earlier or via SAS® Management Console for SAS® 9.4 (TS1M2) and later) to check the current SID stored in your metadata.

Instructions (for Microsoft in that case but the same applies to Linux too) are available with Software License Renewal Instructions -- SAS® 9.4 for Microsoft Windows and Windows for x64 Planned ....

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Damo

Shakir_Juolay
Obsidian | Level 7

When I connect to the same metadata server using SAS Enterprise Guide I am getting a warning that the license is scheduled to expire next month. I can't follow the steps mentioned by you as I don't have enough privileges.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It is the duty of the local SAS administrator to make sure all license-dependent parts of the SAS setup receive their license updates on time. Have them do that ASAP.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation