BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Please help me in configuring teradata jdbc drivers in SAS. Please let me know steps to be followed to configure teradata jdbc driver in SAS. I need to connect to teradata from SAS to fetch/push data to/from SAS.

Thanks,

Vishal

7 REPLIES 7
karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We do not have licensed SAS/Access interface to Teradata to configure. I would like to go with Teradata jdbc driver to be configured in SAS to connect Teradata database. Could you please help me on configure Teradata jdbc in SAS

Thanks,

Vishal

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @karthic2612

What SAS Access engine(s) do you have licensed ?

karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We have SAS/Access interface to ODBC licensed.

Thanks,

Vishal

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

My suggestion would be to use the Teradata ODBC driver since you are already licensed for SAS Access to ODBC.

karthic2612
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. 

I have installed unixodbc manager. I need to install Teradata odbc driver.

My doubt is do we need to install using our root id or Sas installer id.

After installing teradata odbc driver. what are all changes do we need to do in sasenv_local file. Could you please let me know the steps to complete the configuration of teradata odbc driver in SAS.

Thanks,

Vishal

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation