BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pedrosantos_key
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to configure both AD and LDAP authentication on a SAS Metadata server.

I'm configuring the sasv9_usermods.cfg like below:

/* Environment variables that describe your Active Diorectory server */
-set AD_HOST "lady2.letest.lu"
-set AD_PORT "389"

-set LDAP_HOST "ldap.letest.lu"
-set LDAP_BASE "ou=ouUsers,dc=letest,dc=lu"
-set LDAP_PORT "389"
-set LDAP_PRIV_DN "uid=XXXX,ou=XXXX,dc=letest,dc=lu"
-set LDAP_PRIV_PW "XXXX"

-authpd (ADIR:letest.lu, LDAP:letest.lu)
-primpd letest.lu

When I restart the metadata server, it doesn't start and return the following error:

ERROR: INVALID OPTION VALUE, FOR SAS OPTION SET

ERROR: INVALID OPTION VALUE, (ADIR:letest.lu, LDAP:letest.lu) FOR SAS OPTION AUTHPROVIDERDOMAIN
ERROR: Unable to assign a domain to the provider (LDAP). The specified domain is already assigned to another authentication provider.

What is wrong here?

Thanks,

Pedro Santos

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Pedro @pedrosantos_key,

so far, and as far as I know, you can configure the SAS Metadata Server to connect to only one authentication system at a time.

Hence,  please chose AD or LDAP, but not both.

If you need users from both, you will need to join the trees in a single auth system: AD or LDAP.

alexal
SAS Employee

@pedrosantos_key,

I'm just wondering, what are you trying to achieve? Seems like those servers are in the same domain. If you want to configure authentication from two different domains, you have to use PAM and something like SSSD. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation