BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JCordova
Calcite | Level 5

I have SAS Visual Analytics 7.5 with SAS 9.4 installed on a single server, this server has an internal IP address, now I have the need to access SAS Visual Analytics Viewer from a public IP, however I have not succeeded.

I configured as indicated in the document "Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Ardminstration Guide, Four Edition" in the section "Overview of Internal and External Connections", setting the public IP as hostname for external connection.

However, when entering from the public IP, after Logon I get the message 401.

I hope you can help me

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @JCordova 

I think what you need is a proxy that redirects your traffic to SAS Web Server. Usually SAS Configuration is based on host-names, unless you specifically have chosen IP to configure.

This host could sit behind a firewall and isn't available to public. In order to make the connection working from public you can have a proxy or a DNS or a LB that redirects traffic when hit in a browser to your Web Server host. This (Proxy/DNS/LB) info then goes into your SMC for external connection. There are few other steps as well that you will have to perform for this to work like updating few configuration files. Here is the link with detailed info:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bimtag&docsetTarget=p0sxhuco18v167n13dsmnrfqv7yy.htm&docsetV...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation