BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

hello,

We recently configured SAS CPM 8.1 in our production environment and we are not able to make it work properly. We also opened a SAS track # 7611982049 for this issue. At a very basic level, I am not able to verify if SAS CPM 8.1 is able to use the JDBC connection to the oracle database we use for maintaining the models. 

When I sent the logs under middletier config\lev1\web\webappserver\SASServer9_1, SAS support pointed out the following error -

2017-01-03 15:50:46,498 ERROR (localhost-startStop-2) [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/SASCostAndProfitabilityManagementSurveys]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'beanQueryExecutor' defined in class path resource [com/sas/solutions/abm/surveytool/integration/db/spring-config/DataAccess-AST-Config.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:

PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'dataSource' threw exception; nested exception is com.sas.solutions.abm.server.common.exceptions.QgDalException: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.atomikos.jdbc.AtomikosSQLException: Failed to grow the connection pool

My oracle dba can check the JDBC connection using oracle weblogic but SAS CPM 8.1/SAS 9.4 do not use weblogic any longer. I believe they use their own propreitary web server. How do I check if 

1. JDBC connection on the middle-tier server is working correctly and

2. SAS CPM 8.1 is able to use the JDBC connection to send data to oracle. 

I looked up these links but I am not a very technical person.

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/JDBC

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/F49540_01/DOC/java.815/a64685/getsta3.htm

http://jdbctester.sourceforge.net/

I tried the app from sourceforge but it would give me errors. 

Thanks,

saspert

Thanks,
saspert

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @saspert,

nice question. And I understand the confussion. Let me see if I can help a bit.

I am going to understand pre-requisites for CPM and Oracle are set properly and in the correct order, as mentioned in the SAS documentation. If not, I would really start from there. Success on any SAS installation depends 50% if pre-requisites are properly in place before the SAS installation starts. The other 50% is about the proper configuration and to understand the architecture.

That being said:

• For the tester, you will need the appropiate jdbc drivers from Oracle. I personally use Squirrel (another java db client where I can test jdbc) and the connection details. If this does not work for you, you will need to start making this to work, with the right jdbc driver version, together with your DBA, as main responsible of that basic connection.
  • About the error, I feel like the main issue probably is one of the following:
    • Used Oracle jdbc driver is not correct.
    • Oracle database is not correct.
    • The input provided to the SAS Configuration (to the SAS Deployment Wizard) is incorrect (very often, the provided name of the connection is not correct).
    • Check your JDBC connection details on server.xml on the SASServer9 
    • The password is not set on your metadata, for the ABM/CPM database connection.

What I would ask you to provide us, and let's see if we can help you:

• jdbc driver version (full details), link, etc.
  • Oracle database version (full details)
  • the responsefile/s (.properties file/s) used during your install/config. (beware, it might contain passwords)
  • the server.xml of SASServer9

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation