BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Loshadka
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone!

I need to change password to sas account (like sas, sasdemo, sassrv and etc) on server (Linux SUSE LES 11 x64).

What I do:
1. Stop all SAS daemons

2. Change password like that "sudo passwd sasdemo"

3.Start all SAS daemons

But, then I sent test request I catch error - 500 Internal Server Error and error like this:

Spoiler
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring xml:lang="en">A 'Server' type of exception occurred during execution of 'rtdm_request' service. The exception follows: Exception occurred while executing or preparing to execute 'rtdm_request' stored process.</faultstring>
<detail xmlns:fault="http://support.sas.com/xml/namespace/biwebservices/webservicemaker-9.2">
<fault:Fault code="4000">
<fault:Exception message="A connection could not be obtained.">
<fault:Exception message="The application could not log on to the server &quot;hostname.ru:port&quot;. No server is available at that port on that machine.">
<fault:Exception message="The application could not log on to the server &quot;hostname.ru:port&quot;. No server is available at that port on that machine.">
<fault:Exception message="Connection refused"/>
</fault:Exception>
</fault:Fault>
</detail>
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I return old password, restart SAS daemons and now all is ok.

Maybe I need change password in SAS Management Console or in some config file on server?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
rgoodling
Calcite | Level 5
I haven't done this myself yet but have been preparing to. An encoded copy of the password for some accounts get stored on the OS in config files, so not only will you need to record the changed passwords in the metadata but you may also need to use deployment manager's "Update Password" to update those config files.

Here is a SAS document that outlines the process at a high level.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetTarget=p0kb2gtnuyjnrnn1hduu5by88u4f.htm&docset...

Hope this helps.

-Ron

Loshadka
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks!
Today I'll try to do, hope I can do that 🙂

AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @Loshadka,

Updating Managed Passwords tasks have to performed carefully as sas stores encrypted password across config files for different process to work together. I would suggest you to follow the below steps:

1) shutdown all sas services and make sure no sessions or stale process are running.
2) Take cold backup of the sas binaries and config files.
3) Run the Deployment Wizard in the proper sequence as mentioned in the document: https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetTarget=p0kb2gtnuyjnrnn1hduu5by88u4f.htm&doc...
4) Start all the SAS Services and Validate your logical servers and web applications work as expected.

Hope this helps!

-AV
Loshadka
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @AnandVyas , @rgoodling!

I was able to change password,  what did I do:
1. I'll shutdown all sas services.

2. Start SASMetadataServer

3. Change password for account like this:
"sudo passwd %accountname%"

4. Run SAS Deployment Manager

5. Update password for sassrv user

6. Shutdown SASMetadataServer

7. Run all SAS services

Thanks for advice!
P.S. Sorry for my English.

Loshadka
Fluorite | Level 6

Ok, now I close this question, i was able to do it.

Maybe that information be helpful for someone:
1. shut down all SAS services

2. Up Metadata servers

3. change password on all Linux servers for all sas accounts (like sudo passwd sas)
4. open SAS DM, and change password for sasdmadm and sassrv

5.shuting down metadata servers

6. up all SAS services

7.open SAS MC

8. change password for $SAS_Activity_Resource in all repositories (path: Folders - System - Applications - SAS decision Services - Decision Services)
9. In Plug-ins synchronized SASDSEngineServer with repository.

That's all

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation